At Women’s Care Florida, Delaney OB/GYN we do a variety of gynecologic procedures. Although we prefer to perform minor procedures in our comfortable office setting, occasionally insurance requires a hospital setting or you may need a procedure that cannot be done in the office. For these in- depth procedures we operate at Winnie Palmer Hospital for Women and Babies. We strive to perform minimally invasive procedures; although, if necessary, we also can perform a laparotomy, which requires an open incision on the abdomen. We do laparoscopic surgery for a variety of reasons which can include, but are not limited to: issues with pelvic pain, endometriosis, ovarian cysts, fibroids, polyps and bilateral tubal ligation. We also perform laparoscopic hysterectomies (removal of the uterus) and laparoscopic ovarian removal. Two of our physicians, Doctors Fritz and Chambers, can also perform robotic hysterectomies. The robot can be very helpful for women who have larger uteruses or for women with large tumors on their uteruses. Other vaginal surgeries that can be done include, but are not limited to: Bartholin’s gland/cyst removal, hysteroscopic myomectomies (removal of fibroid tumors), hysteroscopic uterine septum removals, polypectomies, and removal of a partial hymen. Two of our physicians, Doctors Scott and Merritt, also perform anterior and posterior repairs in the vagina.
What to expect for gynecologic surgeries:
- We always have a pre-op appointment in the office to go over your medical history and to make sure your medications are up to date. This is also the time for us to decide if you need medical clearance from your primary care physician to make sure you are in optimal health for surgery. We schedule your surgery and guide you through the process of making pre-admission appointments at the hospital and making your post op appointment in our office.
- On the day of surgery, you will speak with your physician again prior to your surgery.
- If your stay requires for you to be in the hospital overnight, we make sure you are prepared for that prior to your surgery day.
- Someone from our office will contact you within 48 hours after your surgery to make sure you are doing well and to answer any questions.
- We like to see you in the office 1-2 weeks after your surgery to make sure that you are doing well.
- Delaney OB/GYN has a full staff in the office, so if you have any questions, we are simply a phone call away.